I share this because i really felt it difficult for me to apply for a passport without any help from agents or friends. So i feel this would be a nice pathway finder for many friends out there like me...!! :)
The Passport Seva Kendras will function from Monday to Friday from 9.00 AM to 4.00 PM with lunch time break from 1.30 PM to 2.00 PM.
The addresses of Passport Seva Kendras are:
1. VADAPALANI – No.1,
Bhanumathi Ramakrishna Road, Saligramam, Chennai 600093
2. AMINJIKARAI – Navins Presidium, No.103,
Nelson Manickam Road, Aminjikarai, Chennai 600029
3. TAMBARAM – Claret Complex, Old No.4a & 4b, New No.17 & 19 Duraisamy Reddy Street, Tambaram, Chennai 600045
Full capacity online appoints open from 1st October 2011.
Procedure for Online Application in the Passport Seva System:
1. Log on to website, www.passportindia.gov.in
2. Create your user ID and assign a password
3. Fill & submit the application form online or download the e-Form, fill and upload the same in the website. You can also scan & upload relevant supporting documents.
4. You should note the Application Reference Number (ARN), schedule an appointment and take printout of Application Slip
5. You should visit the designated Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)
6. Applicant’s present is mandatory alongwith all required original documents and photocopies.
7. Your photograph will be capture at the PSK.
8. You can track the status of your application or get any assistance by calling 1800-258-1800 or logging on to www.passportindia.gov.in
Important information to note:
1. Only applications with prior appointment will be processed at Passport Seva Kendra. Walk-in applicants will be allowed in emergency cases only.
2. From 1st October 2011 onwards, full appointments as per the total capacity at PSKs will be opened to public while Regional Passport Office will stop accepting applications, except for emergency cases.
3. Applicants who have already taken appointments in the existing system should visit Regional Passport Office to submit their applications.
4. Appoints are made available on the website on a first-come-first-serve basis, with a 3 day lead time.
5. District Passport Cells (DPCs) will continue to accept applications for passport services. DPCs will accept applications for Fresh Passport only (No Re-Issue, Lost/ Damaged / Miscellaneous Services). Applicants must submit their details in the new application form ONLY. Applicants may download the new Application Form from the online portal (www.passportindia.gov.in), take a print-out, manually fill in and submit the same in the DPCs.
6. In the new system, all miscellaneous services will fall under ‘Re-issue) category. Therefore, the services will be classified as Fresh, Re-issue and PCC.
7. Citizens who have applied for a passport in the old system will have to track the application in the old system only and call centre will not give information pertaining to the old system.